Terms and Conditions
Date of last revision: December 17, 2019
Terms and Conditions
Date of last revision: December 17, 2019
Please read these Allset Site Terms and Conditions carefully. These Terms and Conditions create an agreement (the “Agreement” or “Terms”) between you and 10484750 Canada Inc. (“Allset”, “We,” “Our” or “Us”) regarding your access to and use of the allset.ca website (“Site”). If you accept this Agreement for an entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement. If you do not agree to this Agreement, please click “Cancel” or “Back” and do not use the Site.
Content and Use
All services mentioned on the Site (the “Services”) are subject to the terms and conditions of the contracts and policies applicable. The terms and conditions may be changed at any time without prior notice. You agree to review the terms and conditions regularly and if you continue to use the Site following any such changes, agree to be bound by any new or revised terms and conditions.
We grant you a limited right to use the Services for your internal business or personal use. You may use the Services only as permitted in this Agreement. You will not resell, reframe, distribute, use on a timeshare, outsource, or otherwise directly commercialize the sale or lease of the use of the Services. You may need to provide additional information in order to register for and/or use certain Services. You warrant that the information you provide during the registration process is accurate.
Your Account and Information
Certain aspects of the Services may require you to obtain an account by completing a registration form. When registering, you must: (a) provide true, current and complete information about yourself on the registration form and (b) maintain such information so it continues to be true, current and complete.
You are entirely responsible for all materials and information that you upload, post or otherwise transmit via the Services. Only you may use your account and you are responsible for your account.
You agree to promptly notify Us of any unauthorized use of your account of which you become aware.
This Site offers a secure way of obtaining a home and auto insurance quote and purchasing or modifying a home and auto insurance policy online. To allow us to process your request or to issue your policy, you must declare all known facts which are likely to materially influence us in the setting of the premium, the appraisal of the risk or the decision to provide coverage. In addition, you must provide information concerning your mode of payment. Note that when choosing the option to connect to your bank account through our Services, we will obtain access to your bank account number and your current bank account balance. The information provided to us must be correct; otherwise it is possible that you will be unable to obtain an insurance quote or to purchase or modify an insurance policy online.
When you purchase an insurance policy online, we give you the option to electronically access most of your insurance documents. You may only receive a paper copy of these documents by mail or only receive an electronic copy of these documents via electronic media, or receive both a paper copy and an electronic copy of these documents. You understand that these electronic documents may be used as evidence and will have the same force of law as if you had received them by mail. By receiving electronic documents only, you agree that the email address you provided is your last known address as defined in the Quebec Civil Code or equivalent legislation. You are responsible for notifying us, in a timely manner, of any email address change.
Certain information regarding your quote in your account is presented in summary form. Users must always refer to their insurance policy for a complete description of their selected coverage.
Privacy and Data Protection
- Contact. You agree that We may contact you via e-mail or otherwise with information relevant to your use of the Services and your payment obligations. You also agree to have your name and/or email address listed in the header of certain communications you initiate through the Services.
Ownership and Proprietary Rights
The information on the Site is protected by current Canadian legislation governing copyright, patent, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights, as well as similar legislation in other territories, as the case may be. The logo, design, text, software, technical drawings, configurations, graphics, other files, and their selection and arrangement as displayed on the Site will remain at all times the property of Allset. No title to or ownership of any proprietary rights related to the Services is transferred to You pursuant to these Terms.
All copyright and other notices must be retained. No content from the Site may be cited or incorporated into any other website without clearly indicating the source of the Site and without written consent of Allset. Any infringement of Allset’s rights may result in legal action.
Warranty and Warranty Disclaimer
- To the extent allowed by applicable law, You agree to use the Services at your own risk. You agree that we will not be responsible for any harm to any device, any loss of data, or any other harm that results from your use of the Services. We do not guarantee that your use of the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free. to the extent allowed by applicable law, the Services are provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” for your use without warranties or conditions, either express, implied or statutory.
- The terms, exclusions and conditions of the Services described on the Site may not be accurate, complete and current at all times. In case of any discrepancy between the Site and any insurance contract, the latter will prevail. Our services are offered only in Canada and to Canadian residents, and certain Services may not be available in all regions of Canada.
- Except as expressly stated in this Section 5, to the extent allowed by applicable law, We (i) expressly disclaim all warranties and conditions of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty, condition or other implied term as to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement and (ii) make no warranty or representation regarding the Services, any information, materials, goods or services obtained through the Services, or that the Services will meet any of your requirements, or be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free.
- While Allset aims to provide the most appropriate insurance coverage for your needs based on the accurateness of the information you agree to provide to Us, We expressly disclaim all warranties and conditions of any kind, express or implied, arising from the insurance coverage chosen by You and/or its adequacy for your specific needs and specifications. You agree that the decision to select any recommended form of insurance coverage is your own and Allset shall bear no responsibility related to this selection.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that Allset (which includes, collectively, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, supplies and licensors) and any approved source will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, exemplary, special or consequential damages, loss or corruption of data, loss of revenues, profits, goodwill or anticipated sales or savings, procurement of substitute goods and/or services, or interruption to business or wasted administrative time. These exclusions apply regardless of the theory of liability, or whether related to your use or inability to use the services, or otherwise. These exclusions apply even if Allset has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Severability; Entire Agreement. These Terms apply to the maximum extent permitted by law. If a court holds that we cannot enforce a part of these Terms as written, you and we will replace those terms with similar terms to the extent enforceable under the relevant law, but the rest of these Terms will remain in effect. This is the entire contract between You and Us regarding the Services. It supersedes any prior contract or oral or written statements regarding your use of the Services.
- Assignment. We may assign, transfer, or otherwise dispose our rights and obligations under this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. You may not assign this Agreement or transfer any rights to use the Services, unless we allow you to do so in writing.
- Updates to this Agreement. We reserve the right to modify these Terms. If we make material changes to these Terms, we will publish a new version on the Site. If you do not accept the changes, you must stop using and cancel your account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your continued use of our Services after we publish or send a notice about our changes to these Terms means that you are consenting to the updated terms.
- Waiver. The failure of either of us to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any of the provisions of these Terms or to exercise any rights or remedies under these Terms will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of such right to assert or rely upon any such provision, right or remedy in that or any other instance; rather, the same will remain in full force and effect.
- Legal Compliance. You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to your receipt and use of the Services. These laws include (without limitation): (a) privacy laws and regulations, (b) laws relating to the recording of communications and (d) anti-corruption laws. It is your sole responsibility to ensure you have the right to use all features of the Services in your jurisdiction. The Services may not be available in all countries and it may not be available for use in any particular location. We may modify or discontinue Services features to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Allset will comply with all applicable laws in the provision of the Services to you.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Quebec and the federal laws of Canada applicable in Quebec.
- Relationship of the Parties. The parties are independent contractors. This Agreement does not create a partnership, franchise, joint venture, agency, fiduciary or employment relationship between the parties.
- Third Party Products. In some cases, We use third parties to provide the online quotes you receive on our site or to assist us in advertising our services to You. With respect to the quotes you get, the only information shared with the third party is the information required to provide You with an accurate quote. Depending on the type of quote you are seeking, this information may be comprised of one or more of the following: your age, gender, marital status, smoking status, driving, and insurance history. This information is only shared as necessary for the third party to provide You with an accurate quote. These third parties are prohibited from using Your personal information for any other purpose.
- Notices. We may provide you with notice via email, regular mail and/or postings on Our website. Notices to Us should be sent to email@example.com unless this Agreement or Order specifically allow other means of notice.
If you have any questions or concerns concerning our Terms and Conditions, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org