Your privacy and security
Effective: February 01, 2019
Your privacy and security
Effective: February 01, 2019
This Policy applies to anyone who uses the Site, including without limitation the legal entity or individual doing business with Allset (“Customer”), and any third party permitted by the Customer to use or access the Services (“End Users”). Customers are required to inform End Users of this Policy. Customers and End Users are referred to in this Policy as “You.”
By using, registering to or otherwise accessing the Site and/or other services through the Site, (collectively, the “Services”), you agree to this Policy and give your explicit, informed consent to the collection, use and processing of your personal data in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy please do not visit, use, register to, or otherwise access any Services.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, unless such consent would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation. Your withdrawal or refusal to grant consent may also restrict our ability to provide the Services to You since withdrawing or refusing to disclose personal information could restrict access to insurance coverage, delay the treatment of claims, etc. Also, applications submitted may be refused if personal information is not disclosed.
If you still wish to opt out of the collection and use of your personal information as outlined in this Policy, please contact us by email at: email@example.com
There are limited circumstances in which we may collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent. They are:
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
- In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health or personal security;
- When the personal information is available from a public source;
- When we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- For the purposes of collecting debt;
- To protect ourselves from fraud; or
- To investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law.
Personal information is any information, which relates to a natural person and allows that person to be identified. This includes, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, name, age, sex, address, income and financial information. An insurance proposal contains some of the above personal information that will allow us to decide whether to accept or refuse the protection requested. Other personal information may be required to enable us to review any request to change your coverage. As part of our business, the personal information we receive can be used for many different purposes. As stated above, Allset may also collect personal information about you with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
You hereby agree that the personal information you provide to Allset is correct; otherwise it is possible that You will be unable to obtain an insurance quote or to purchase or modify an insurance policy online.
Like most website operators, we collect personal information about you from a variety of sources. We only collect information by lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used. We collect information from you in the following ways:
- Directly from you (when you sign up for or use our Services);
- From any third party sources; and
- Automatically from devices that you use to connect to our Site.
We use the personal information we collect about you for the following purposes:
1. Verifying identity and authenticating information;
3. To provide the Services and operate our business;
to understand and meet your needs and preferences, and/or to provide you with our Services, for example:
i. for purposes related to the billing, payment, activation, provision, maintenance, support, trouble shooting, resolving of disputes, deactivation, upgrade, or update of Services;
ii. to fulfill or enforce any agreements or notices we provide and are associated with a particular Service (“Notices”);
iii. to manage or respond to your inquiries or complaints;
iv. to maintain relationships
4. To develop new and enhance existing Services including to communicate with you about them using various means, for example to make available or send to you upgrades or updates, or to make available or promotions and upcoming events;
5. To send newsletters or other marketing information (which you may opt out of);
6. To manage and develop our business and operations, for example;
i. to detect, monitor, investigate, mitigate or attempt to prevent fraud and technical or security issues or to protect our property;
ii. to allow for business continuity and disaster recovery operations;
iii. to enforce our legal rights;
iv. for statistical purposes;
7. To optimize experiences by performing analytics and conducting research;
8. To conduct investigations;
9. For resolving disputes and enforcing agreements and our policies; and
10. To meet and comply with legal and regulatory requirements and to respond to emergency situations, for example:
i. to respond to court orders, warrants or other lawful requests or legal processes;
ii. to provide emergency assistance in situations that may threaten the life or physical safety of you or others; or
iii. for any other purposes for which you have consented, such as those that may be set out in Notices, and other purposes as permitted or required by any applicable law.
In accordance with this Policy, we may share your personal information with companies, authorized mandatories and service providers, only when it is required to carry out their duties. Allset does not collect or use personal information it holds for any purposes other than for which it was intended.
We may however disclose personal information to others in order to fulfil the purposes identified in this Policy, and for purposes related thereto, and to provide the Services, including as follows:
- Within Allset and/or with our service providers such as a cloud service provider in Canada, the United States, and the European Economic Area for data storage;
- With our financial, insurance, legal, accounting or other advisors that provide professional services to us (third party providers have their own rules and privacy policies and we encourage you to review these rules and policies);
- If we have your consent;
- With third parties involved in providing funding to the Company (third party providers have their own rules and privacy policies and we encourage you to review these rules and policies);
- With third parties involved in sponsoring and/or providing our Products to you, or payment processors (third party providers have their own rules and privacy policies and we encourage you to review these rules and policies);
- With any other of our business partners who carry out tasks on our behalf (each provider has its own rules and privacy policies and we encourage you to review these rules and policies);
- With other third party services providers such as Google Analytics (we share your information with them so they may carry out tasks on our behalf, third party providers have their own rules and privacy policies and we encourage you to review these rules and policies);
- Certain information may be shared with third parties or published when you follow links to third party websites, we do not own or control these third parties and when you interact with them you may be providing information to them directly – such parties will have their own rules and policies in respect of the collection, use and disclosure of personal information and we encourage you to review these rules and policies;
- Certain aggregated and anonymized information may be shared publically – we do not disclose the specifics of personal information publicly;
- As necessary to complete any transactions while using our Services;
- To respond to a subpoena, order, legal process, or government request;
- To protect, establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- To investigate, detect, suppress, prevent or take action regarding illegal or prohibited activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the reputation or physical safety of any person;
- As otherwise required by law, for example and without limitation, pursuant to an access to information request; or
- If we are to be sold, merged, or amalgamated or substantially all of its assets are to be sold or disposed of, your personal information may be transferred to a potential purchaser if, and to the extent necessary, it is required for the purposes of deciding whether to proceed with the proposed transaction and completing it. If such a sale, merger, acquisition, or disposal is completed, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
We aim to provide you with a safe experience. We have in place certain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to appropriately protect the security and privacy of your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Please note however, that since no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that the measures we maintain will guarantee the absolute security of that information.
We only retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide a service, or to improve our Services in future.
We limit access to your personal information within the Company to individuals with a need to know.
Your personal information may be collected, used, processed, transferred, and retained in multiple countries and jurisdictions including Canada, the United States, Asia, and the European Economic Area which may be outside the region in which you are situated and may have different privacy or data protection legislation, and may therefore be subject to the laws of these countries. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or a country which restricts data transfers outside of that jurisdiction or region without your consent, by using our Products, you consent to your personal information being transferred outside of the European Economic Area or your country for processing or storage by or on behalf of us.
Access and Rectification
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
When you visit the Site, we collect certain information by automated means, such as through server log files, cookies (text files sent to and stored on your device when you access the Site), web beacons (also known as clear GIFs and pixel tags, which may be used to transmit information back to the Site), and embedded scripts (programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on, and which is active only when you are accessing the Site).
The information we collect in this manner may include details about the computer, mobile phone, or other device used to access the Site (such as browser type, operating system, and IP address), referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets.
We may use third-party web analytics services (such as Google analytics, Hotjar, Autopilot and others) to help us analyze how visitors use the Site. We may permit these third parties to operate directly on the Site, use their own technology (such as cookies or web beacons), and collect information about you on our behalf.
The information we collect in this manner is collected to enhance your user experience. For example, this information allows us to pre-fill form fields as well as provide you with contextual recommendations while using the Site.
We gather and store data about online usage on a collective rather than individual basis. For example, like most websites, we gather aggregate information about the number of visitors that visit our website and the pages that they view, NOT what pages were viewed by each individual. We use this information to anticipate bottlenecks, to gauge the capacity of our servers, and to improve the overall management of our website.
When you visit our Site, we may allow some third parties (such as advertising networks and data analytics companies) to collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. However, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser.